- Power: The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 206 MPH and a max air volume rating of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 25.1 lbs, the RedMax EBZ8550 is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the EBZ8550 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the EBZ8550 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 103 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a backpack blower, with a tank able to hold around 77.8 fl. oz of fuel.
Redmax EBZ8550 Backpack Blower
The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. For the commercial operator, RedMax is easily the industry leader in terms of the selection and performance of power blowers. The EBZ8550 backpack blower features the Strato-Charged 2-stroke engine with ultra-low emissions and high power. The EBZ8550 has wide straps and contoured back pad are oversized for greater comfort. For extra durability, the machine is equipped with a frame mounted throttle virtually eliminating downtime due to damaged cables.